Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
Water damage is not fun and can be a stressful time for you. You might have a ton of questions or concerns after this damage, do not worry we are here to help you and guide you so we restore your home or business in Portage County efficiently. SERVPRO of Portage County will get your water damage taken care of in a efficiently and timely manner. After any water damage situation, your primary focus should be safety first, so we want you to be aware of some quick, yet simple, tips to follow when you have water damage that needs attention.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (330) 677-4483
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.