Why SERVPRO is your Ideal Partner When Extreme Weather Strikes
Isn’t it amazing that the weather is so predictable? It comes in handy that severe storms only happen during business hours Monday through Friday and never on holidays! If only that were true! Weather is more unpredictable than most things in the world, especially in Ohio where you can have rain, snow, hail, sleet, low 70’s, high 30’s, all in a 7-day span.
Extreme weather can cause all sorts of damage or distress to your home. What do you do at 2 am on a Saturday when a tree branch crashes into your roof, or your home begins to flood? You call SERVPRO!
Why should SERVPRO be our first call when disaster strikes? SERVPRO:
- Provides 24/7 Emergency Service
- Employs only Highly Trained Water Restoration Specialists
- Is Faster to Any Size Disaster
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry with over 1,700 Franchises
Why is it important to get help fast?
An immediate response can help minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs. Water Damage can be particularly invasive and start its warpath at an extremely quick rate.
Water Damage Timeline:
- Within Minutes:
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
- Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
- 48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
- More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
Storms can come any time of day or night and don’t discriminate between weekends or holidays. Usually, there is not much warning before a devastating storm hits, and being able to call someone you trust to take care of damages right away can make all the difference. At SERVPRO they know exactly how important it is to respond fast! Once they receive a call they will be on their way to assess and begin restoration immediately. Regardless of the type of damage, SERVPRO has knowledge and certifications to help with any storm damage ranging from fires, water, ice, and wind to make sure they are a company you can put all your faith in.