How To Prepare For a Storm in Portage County.
Storms can happen at anytime in Portage County. Sometimes they are unpredictable and other times you can prepare for them slightly. Either way mother nature can cause a ton of damage. It is important to know some basic storm tips:
BEFORE THE STORM
- Build an emergency supply kit
- Unplug any electronic equipment before the storm arrives.
- Secure outdoor objects that could blow away or cause damage.
- If you are outdoors, get inside a building.
- Shutter windows and secure outside doors, or close window blinds, shades or curtains.
DURING THE STORM
- Use your battery-operated NOAA Weather Radio for updates from local officials.
- Cordless and cellular phones are safe to use.
- Unplug appliances and other electrical items: computers, power surges, etc. Lightning can cause serious damage to these items.
- Avoid contact with electrical equipment or cords.
- Stay away from windows and doors.
AFTER THE STORM
- Never drive through a flooded roadway.
- Stay away from storm-damaged areas to keep from putting yourself at risk.
- Stay away from downed power lines and report them immediately.
We know that having storm damage can be stressful, but we make sure to handle all of your restoration needs in a timely and professional manner. These are just some tips that you can do in the meantime until SERVPRO of Portage County helps.
We know how devastating storm disasters can be, but we are here to help! Call SERVPRO of Portage County (330) 677-4483 to help get your home restored efficiently.