Flooding Tips for Commercial Buildings in Portage Ohio.
Flooding occurs in the Northeast Ohio area and is ranked as one of the most common natural disasters in the United States. On average, floods cost $6 billion in annual losses. Flooding can result from weather, plumbing failures, frozen pipes or even damaged structures. SERVPRO of Portage County is the company that will help get your building restored in a timely manner.
However, being prepared with potential flooding in advance can affect how much of your property can be restored:
- Determine if your property is in a floodplain. This is an area of low-lying ground adjacent to a river.
- In any emergency, listen to the local management officials
- Assess how your business functions, both internally and externally.You can do this easily by signing up for our Emergency Readiness Plan; this will help your business prepare in case of an emergency.
- Plan what you will do if your building is not accessible. This type of planning is often referred to as a continuity of operations plan.
- Review your emergency plans annually. Just as your business changes over time, so does your preparedness needs. You can put together an Emergency Plan with our Emergency Readiness Plan.
It is important to plan ahead for your business whenever possible. We know how devastating a business disasters can be, but we are here to help! Call SERVPRO of Portage County (330) 677-4483 to help get your Emergency Readiness Plan in place.