Choose SERVPRO of Portage County for your Restoration Needs.
SERVPRO of Portage County is a trusted leader in the restoration industry for your business or home.
SERVPRO of Portage County is a trusted leader in the restoration industry for your business or home. We provide 24-hour emergency service and are dedicated to responding faster to any size disaster in your home or business. We are professionals and will restore your home or business in a timely and efficient manner, so you can get your life back to normal in a timely manner. With the training and expertise SERVPRO of Portage County has, we will handle your restoration and cleaning needs. We’re locally owned and operated and can respond immediately to your emergency in SERVPRO of Portage County.
We’re locally owned and operated and can respond immediately to your emergency in SERVPRO of Portage County.
Our crews are IICRC certified: The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification. Our highly trained crews make sure the mitigation process runs properly and smoothly. Their expertise along with our highly trained tradesmen will make it “Like it never even happened."
We know how hard a disaster can be, but we are here to help! Call SERVPRO of Portage County (330) 677-4483 to help get your home restored efficiently.
How To Prepare For a Storm in Portage County.
We know how devastating storm disasters can be, but we are here to help!
Storms can happen at anytime in Portage County. Sometimes they are unpredictable and other times you can prepare for them slightly. Either way mother nature can cause a ton of damage. It is important to know some basic storm tips:
BEFORE THE STORM
- Build an emergency supply kit
- Unplug any electronic equipment before the storm arrives.
- Secure outdoor objects that could blow away or cause damage.
- If you are outdoors, get inside a building.
- Shutter windows and secure outside doors, or close window blinds, shades or curtains.
DURING THE STORM
- Use your battery-operated NOAA Weather Radio for updates from local officials.
- Cordless and cellular phones are safe to use.
- Unplug appliances and other electrical items: computers, power surges, etc. Lightning can cause serious damage to these items.
- Avoid contact with electrical equipment or cords.
- Stay away from windows and doors.
AFTER THE STORM
- Never drive through a flooded roadway.
- Stay away from storm-damaged areas to keep from putting yourself at risk.
- Stay away from downed power lines and report them immediately.
We know that having storm damage can be stressful, but we make sure to handle all of your restoration needs in a timely and professional manner. These are just some tips that you can do in the meantime until SERVPRO of Portage County helps.
We know how devastating storm disasters can be, but we are here to help! Call SERVPRO of Portage County (330) 677-4483 to help get your home restored efficiently.
Flooding Tips for Commercial Buildings in Portage Ohio.
Call SERVPRO of Portage County (330) 677-4483 to help get your Emergency Readiness Plan in place.
Flooding occurs in the Northeast Ohio area and is ranked as one of the most common natural disasters in the United States. On average, floods cost $6 billion in annual losses. Flooding can result from weather, plumbing failures, frozen pipes or even damaged structures. SERVPRO of Portage County is the company that will help get your building restored in a timely manner.
However, being prepared with potential flooding in advance can affect how much of your property can be restored:
- Determine if your property is in a floodplain. This is an area of low-lying ground adjacent to a river.
- In any emergency, listen to the local management officials
- Assess how your business functions, both internally and externally.You can do this easily by signing up for our Emergency Readiness Plan; this will help your business prepare in case of an emergency.
- Plan what you will do if your building is not accessible. This type of planning is often referred to as a continuity of operations plan.
- Review your emergency plans annually. Just as your business changes over time, so does your preparedness needs. You can put together an Emergency Plan with our Emergency Readiness Plan.
It is important to plan ahead for your business whenever possible. We know how devastating a business disasters can be, but we are here to help! Call SERVPRO of Portage County (330) 677-4483 to help get your Emergency Readiness Plan in place.
Nine Preparation Tips For a Businesses Disaster
We know how devastating a business disaster can be, but we are here to help! Call SERVPRO of Portage County
Would your business be ready to handle a catastrophe? A disaster can hit at anytime, whether it’s for a natural disaster, a man-made hazard, or a large-scale utility disruption. That’s why preparation for a disaster is critical.
Here are tips for disaster preparation and recovery:
1. Make a plan: If you don’t have a plan for business disaster recovery, create one today. SERVPRO of Portage County can help you create this plan for no cost.
2. Involve all employees: Your workforce is your most valuable asset therefore it’s important to educate everyone in the planning, communication, and implementation of your Emergency Readiness Plan. You never know when the disaster can hit.
3. Promote communications: It is important to know who to contact for workforce, business partners, construction services, and insurance companies. Make sure that your contact lists are regularly updated.
4. Evacuation procedures: If you are forced to abandon your business, you will need an alternative location to carry on your business. Ensure that employees know the drill for evacuating your buildings, and identify a second site from which operations may resume.
5. Assess your business assets: You should conduct an audit of facilities and equipment to establish how they may be kept secure in the event of a disaster.
6. Backup essentials: Make sure to keep alternative supplies ready. Some of these items are essentials for power, communications, and first aid.
7. Organize cash flow: Figure out extra resources to handle unforeseen expenses. It is important to also determine which employees will have access to emergency funds.
8. Review your insurance: Does your policies cover areas such as fire and water damage? Discuss essential emergency information with your insurance agent.
9. Practice your plan: Do a few trial runs of your company’s emergency drills. You will want to rehearse and test your contingency plan regularly, and update it as needed.
None of us likes to contemplate the aftermath of a business disaster, but the truth is we also need to prepare for the worst; disaster can strike at anytime.
We know how devastating a business disaster can be, but we are here to help! Call SERVPRO of Portage County (330) 677-4483 to help get your business restored efficiently.
Prevent Winter Storm Damage in Your House.
We know how devastating a storm and water disaster can be, but we are here to help!
After a winter snow storm, temperatures can go up and down which causes melting and freezing. This temperature variation can cause snow or ice to melt and trickle into your house. This can cause damage on the way inside the cracks. Water damage is not fun for any home owner.
The goo news, you can prevent water damage from snow melts by shoveling snow away from your house. Yes, it could be as simple as that.
It may also be necessary to shovel snow from areas with grass underneath. This can help the water from entering and flooding once it warms up.
Contact our team of professionals for more information about snow water damage to your home.
We know how devastating a storm and water disaster can be, but we are here to help! Call SERVPRO of Portage County (330) 677-4483 to help get your home restored efficiently.
Six Ways to Defend Against Ice Dams in Winter
We know how devastating a water disaster can be, but we are here to help!
Property owners in Portage County can have water damage stemming from the roof. This is a bigger threat after winter storms than any other. The problem starts with ice dams: the roof melts snow, water flows down to the colder eaves and refreezes there.
This cycle repeats and ice accumulates in layers, but also pushes under shingles. It eventually leaks into walls, ceiling and even insulation. This can be heavy enough to pull gutters off buildings or detach.
Here are ways to defend against ice dams:
- Survey your attic to finds openings: Insulate or caulk these openings in chimneys, plumbing pipes, electrical conduits, fan outlets, and junction boxes.
- Improve the attic entrances: Entrances are the biggest offenders that channel heat into attics.
- Increase insulation. Attics should ideally have at least a foot of insulation between living spaces and attic interiors.
- Inspect ventilation outlets: Heat that enters the attic needs an easy escape route make sure that they are not blocked and are working properly.
- Remove heavy snow from roofs: Snow insulates the attic which increases the attic temperature.
- Call a professional. If you suspect ice dams are a problem for your house, call a professional like SERVPRO.
We know how devastating a water disaster can be, but we are here to help! Call SERVPRO of Portage County (330) 677-4483 to help get your home restored efficiently.
We Support Veterans, Thank You!
We support the military veterans and families, we are always looking for well qualified employees
SERVPRO of Portage County would like to take this opportunity to thank our American Veterans! We support veterans and their families.
Though it is not Veterans Day SERVPRO of Portage County is dedicated to showing American veterans that we appreciate their sacrifices they have made to preserve the freedom of our country. We thank you!
It is important that we always make sure to thank our veterans everyday and not just on military holidays. Pay it forward to a veteran in the following ways:
- Send a note or a card to a veteran
- Send a care package to a deployed solider
- Visit a veteran in the hospital
- Ask a veteran about his service and just listen
- We support the military veterans and families, we are always looking for well qualified employees, just call (330) 677-4483 for more information.
If you know someone who is experiencing a disaster call SERVPRO of Portage County (330) 677-4483 to help get your home restored efficiently.
SERVPRO Gives To Women who are Victims of Domestic Violence
SERVPRO of Portage County gives back yet again. This Christmas Season we are collecting New and Gently Used Ladies Accessories for Women who are Victi
SERVPRO of Portage County gives back yet again. This Christmas Season we are collecting New and Gently Used Ladies Accessories for Women who are Victims of Domestic Violence
The items we collect will enable the Children of Women in Domestic Violence Shelters and Transitional Housing to give their Mom’s a gift at Christmas time.
So how can you help?
1. Go through your accessories and donate items that you no longer want or use. Please only donate items in good condition. This won’t cost anything and will give you a good reason to purge your closet and jewelry box.
2. Purchase items to donate.
3. Donate funds to help buy additional items.
What type of items are we looking for?
Used and New: Jewelry (separated in boxes or bags- please put sets together), winter hats, gloves & scarves, purses, wallets & tote bags.
New: Full size cosmetics, toiletries, lotion and perfume
This is an easy way to help others this Christmas without spending a dime!
When your items ready for pickup, contact Laura at 330-807-5471 or Laura@SERVPROrri.com
We know how damage can strike, but we are here to help! Call SERVPRO of Portage County (330) 677-4483 to help get your home restored efficiently.
Avoid Bursted Pipes in The Winter Months
We know how devastating water damage can be, but we are here to help! Call SERVPRO of Portage County (330) 677-4483 to help get your home restored.
Winter is the time for frozen pipes and burst pipes. Frozen pipes can mean big problems for your home. As water freezes, it expands and can exert up to 2,000 pounds of pressure per square inch! This pressure can cause pipes to burst and water to flow into your home leaving tons of disaster problems for your home in Portage County.
In order to prevent frozen pipes in those areas, follow these tips:
- Drain water from hoses, water sprinklers, and other outdoor lines, before it is too late.
- On cold days, open cabinet doors to allow warm air to flow around pipes.
- Turn on the water taps slightly to allow a slow drip to run through the faucets.
- Make sure that there is insulation present in areas around pipes that are susceptible to cold weather.
- If you are leaving for vacation, don’t set the temperature any lower than 55°F.
Putting these tips into practice will significantly reduce your chances of having a pipe freeze in your home, and thereby, avoid the larger and much more costly and inconvenient problem of a pipe burst.
We know how devastating water damage can be, but we are here to help! Call SERVPRO of Portage County (330) 677-4483 to help get your home restored efficiently.
The SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile Advantage
We know how devastating a business disaster can be, but we are here to help! Call SERVPRO of Portage County (330) 677-4483.
As many as 50% of businesses close down following a disaster, according to the latest research. Of the businesses that survive, the overwhelming majority of them had a preparedness plan in place. Pre-planning can serve as an insurance policy aimed at peace of mind. And knowing you are "Ready for whatever happens" speaks trust to your clients and employees that in the event your business is affected by a disaster, they don’t necessarily have to be.
By developing a SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile for your business, you minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action. Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance is the key to timely mitigation and can help minimize how water and fire damage can affect your business.
- A no cost assessment of your facility.
This means there is no need to allocate funds, giving you a great value at no cost.
- A concise Profile Document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency.
It will only take a little time to complete and will not take you away from current projects. But it will save a lot of time if ever needed.
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster.
This can help minimize the amount of time your business is inactive by having an immediate plan of action.
- Establishes your local SERVPRO Franchise Professional as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider.
You have a provider that is recognized as an industry leader and close by.
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin.
This saves time so we can begin the work of mitigating the damage which can save you time and money.
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas and priority contact information.
Having a quick reference of what to do, how to do it and who to call provides solutions in advance of an emergency so that during the emergency you are "Ready for whatever happens."
We know how devastating a business disaster can be, but we are here to help! Call SERVPRO of Portage County (330) 677-4483 to help get your home restored efficiently.